Tuesday, March 2, 2010

p90x challenge...here i go...


if you have not heard of p90x at this point, then i seriously do not know if you live on planet earth. or at the very least, if you own/watch tv. it is the well-known workout system delivered to you via infomercial. it is a 90-day program that is intense and uses muscle confusion to get you supposedly unbelievable results in those 90 days. i say "supposedly" but i don't disbelieve for a second that if you do it the way you're suppose to for 90 days that you'll have an incredible body and be in unbelievable shape. so me and mike have been wanting to do this for well over a year now (mike still hasn't jumped in on the action). it is somewhat pricey, around $120 and then you have to buy weights and a pull up bar (have not purchased the latter yet), so we never ended up getting it. but mike did purchase me INSANITY, which is another infomercial workout craze and it goes for about the same price. it is suppose to be the hardest workout ever put on video. now that truly lives up to it's name and it is freakin INSANITY, and i really want nothing to do with it. it is basically all plyometrics, which if you don't know what that is, you probably do not want to try it out. it is invloves a LOT of jumping exercises and is basically complete torture.

anyway, back to p90x. friends of ours got burned copies of p90x and they knew we had INSANITY and they wanted to try it, so we swapped workout routines. as far as i know, they pretty much hate INSANITY too. i am pretty sure i got the better end of the deal. anyhoo, i am on my second day of p90x. i started about a week or two ago and stopped, so i am starting fresh. day 2 and i just got done my workout. literally. i haven't even taken my shower yet. yeah i know, i am nasty. first day was chest and back plus ab ripper x. it's hardcore. a lot of push-ups and pull-ups and since i dont have a pull up bar i improvised. my arms were like jello last night trying to wash my hair in the shower, but seriously i rather lift weights and do push ups and stuff like that then pure cardio or plyometrics anyday. but guess what day 2 in p90x was? you got it, pylometrics!! now i dont know if i have gotten in my own head about this and psyched myself out, but i absolutely HATE it and DREAD doing it. but it seriously does kick your ass. so i skipped a few of the exercises in that video tonight, but i did a majority and i broke a good sweat. tomorrow we head into shoulders and arms plus ab ripper x. i don't dread that so much. but a big FU to pylometrics. seriously.

anyway, i plan on blogging throughout my p90x experience. the way i stick to things is by having to be accountable to someone. and if i say i am going to write this blog and report to you guys about it, then i feel i am accountable to you. hey, i need something to get me through and keep me motivated. i need a hot body for our honeymoon to tulum, mexico!!! hey and if you're doing p90x, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Let me know how it works out. I have been trying to get back into some kind of exercise routine, but somehow this probably isn't for me, as I am too lazy to get on my treadmill! And to put up with my family, I think you are extraordinary! :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kim! i will let you know how it goes. i plan to keep updating this so check back. i will probably post something tonight after my workout.

    ReplyDelete